Mobile services are conducted at the request of Ministries, Departments, Divisional Secretariats, Welfare Societies, Volunteer Services and the Private Institutes.
These requests should be made to Commissioner General of Registration of Persons. Necessary arrangements for mobile services will be made at the prior notice.
Benefits of the Mobile Services
• Ability to gain all the services relating application process in one premise.
• The problems regarding the National Identity Card could be solved through the Offices of the Department.
• Clearance of the Backlogs.
• Public & Grama Niladaries are made aware of NICs
Officers should be present at a mobile service
• Representative Officers from the subsequent Divisional Secretariats office.
• Grama Niladhary officers in the subsequent areas.
• Police Officers (to report the lost of the Identity Cards and provide a certified copy of the relevant extract).
• Justice of Peace to provide the required Affidavit.
• Additional Registrar (solve the issues of Birth Certificate)